The Advantages of a Digital Piano:
- It never goes out of tune. Therefore, students train their ear to the correct sound.
- Its fairly easy to move. Unlike an acoustic piano where employing the services of a professional piano mover is a must to protect you and your piano from injury!
- You can use headphones. This has great appeal to adult students who are shy of practising with an audience or do not want to bother the family if they decide to play late in the evenings.
- Its not for the advanced student! An entry level digital piano will never be a substitute for "the real thing".
- It WILL depreciate. Consider the digital piano to be like you do your computer or your car. It is technology and as such it is constantly improving.